- Fostering participants’ understanding of the scope of the obligations to update and review their NIPs under article 7 of the Convention in light of POPs listed in 2009 and 2011.
- Increasing participants’ capacity to make an effective use of the guidance documents and other training tools when updating their NIPs, leading to increased capacity for sustained implementation of the Conventions.
- To strengthen the capacity of parties to develop effective strategies and action plans towards the elimination of POPs and enable them to meet their obligation under the Convention to transmit updated NIPs to the COP.
- To provide guidance to parties in evaluating effectiveness of activities undertaken as a result of implementation of the initial NIPs, to evaluate their impact and derive lessons learnt that can favour the development of more effective strategies for updating NIPs; and
- Enhance understanding of the reporting obligations of the Parties to the Stockholm Conventions.
The training session will target national officials of the Latin America, who have started the process of reviewing and updating the national implementation plans (NIPs). In addition, representatives of Regional Centres, GEF Implementing Agencies and the civil society organizations are welcome to participate in the meeting.
For questions regarding the training please contact Tatiana Terekhova (Tatiana.Terekhova@brsmeas.org).