Various guidance documents have been developed by the Secretariat to help Parties fulfil their obligations under the Convention
In particular, guidance and guidelines related to NIP development and review/update as well as to the new POPs are available on the website. Other themes where guidance is provided include:
Dioxins and Furans:
- Standardized Toolkit for Identification and Quantification of Dioxin and Furan Release, Second Ed Ar, Ch, En, Fr, Ru, Sp
- Toolkit Emissions Factors Ar, Ch, En, Fr, Ru, Sp
- Guidelines for the identification of PCBs and materials containing PCBs (UNEP, 1999) En, Fr
- PCB Transformers and Capacitors - From Management to Reclassification and Disposal (UNEP, 2002) En, Fr, Sp .
- PCB Inventory Form Ar, En, Fr, Sp
- Reducing and Eliminating the use of Persistent Organic Pesticides: Guidance on alternative strategies for sustainable pest and vector management En
- Finding Alternatives to Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) for Termite Management En
- Country guidelines, FAO Pesticide disposal series 11 En
- Training manual for inventory taking of obsolete pesticides, FAO pesticide disposal series 10 En
Other publications include:
- A monthly newsletter, published by the Technical Assistance programme since June 2010, highlighting important ongoing activities and upcoming events in which the Secretariat is involved.
- Two brochures presenting the upcoming Technical Assistance activities (workshops and webinars), organised by theme and area of priority.
- The Secretariat has also developed various outreach material (leaflets, posters, etc.).
- Finally, case studies showcasing best practices around the world will shortly be available to share ideas and encourage successful practices.